Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Maybe there's somewhere a lesson to learn."

I forgot to point it out but the 15th marked nine months in Japan. I could have had a baby by now. If I were Japanese, however, I'd be waiting for next year.

As if Japan's rail system wasn't awesome enough by sheer convenience, some trains are specially decorated.

There's a proposal to double the pages of textbooks, including English. As much as I'd like to see our books improved, at the pace we're going currently we're just barely going to make it through these ultra-slim volumes.

A fascinating if lengthy read is the top 60 Japanese phrases and words of 2008. I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed of how many I knew already.

 

I'm excited for a party with half the staff tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention the party we went to on Tuesday, with the local adult English class we'd visited once before. Conversation was limited, as it was limited to English, but the food was very good. It happened to be at the same Italian restaurant that hosted our Thanksgiving feast, which made me happy. I showed off the hat I'd crocheted, as one of the ladies showed off a scarf she'd knitted. Crafts are the real universal language. It also charmed me that the restaurant provided lap blankets to stave off the cold.

No comments: