Saturday, May 1, 2010

“Mata Kimi ni Koi Shiteiru” – Sakamoto Fuyumi

I like this song so much, I don’t even have words for it. You know why Japanese commercials are so much more tolerable and even enjoyable than Western? Because they have excellent music playing in them, like the original cover of this song (which I also love but just a tiny bit less than this version.)

 

Bathed in light caused by the morning dew,
As though for the first time I feel it on my face.
Your sleeping breath streams down my palm,
Repaying the time that has passed.

Even the flowers sometimes scattered by wind
Acquire colors when the seasons turn around.
Again I'm falling in love with you, even deeper than before.
Again I've grown fond of you, from my heart.

We were only young and allowed to make mistakes.
The remaining wounds will be blurred by time.
When we were perplexed about the meaning of happiness,
Our feelings were connected.

Even the sky sometimes lost in rain
Is bridged by a rainbow if I dry my tears.
Again I'm falling in love with you, even deeper than before.
Again I've grown fond of you, from my heart.

Again I'm falling in love with you, even deeper than before.
Again I've grown fond of you, from my heart.

 

また君に恋している 坂本冬美 ビリー・バンバン 歌詞 英語 翻訳

2 comments:

Japanese Commercial said...

I will have to disagree with you there! For the most part I find Japanese commercials to be quite weird, sometimes funny, but mostly "scratch your head in wonder" type!
Having said that, that IS a nice song.

Jeff (I blog about Japanese commercials...!)

Emily said...

Well, I'd say there's a variety. There's only a handful that I've found off-puttingly weird. Usually I'm charmed, amused, or even moved.
But I never had TV in American so I can't say I've a basis for comparison on weirdness level.