Monday, August 2, 2010

“I should have made you leave the key…”

I am entirely content with the harp. To me, there is no more perfect instrument, there is no more perfect instrument for me, and there is no instrument I can be more perfect with.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate my neighbor’s instrument, if it’s impressively played. And the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain does exactly that, while accompanying intricate, tongue-in-cheek medleys and covers.

 

"Fly Me to the Moon", "Where Do I Begin?", "Killing Me Softly", "Hotel California", and "I Will Survive".

 

“You don’t bring me flowers anymore.”

 

  "Life on Mars", "My Way", "For Once", "Home Free", "Substitute".

 

Kate Bush’s Wuthering Heights.

 

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly theme.

 

A slight variation on the first.

No comments: