Sunday, October 31, 2010

“Fear And/Or Sanity”

I may have posted this in previous years, but Steve Carell educating Stephen Colbert on the wonders of Halloween never gets old:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Even Stevphen - Halloween
www.thedailyshow.com

 

Also, to let all two of my readers know, the posts for November will be a little different. See, every year I try to participate in National Novel Writing Month, where the goal is to write a 50,000 novel in 30 days. But I also desperately need to study for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test at the beginning of December. To kill two birds with one stone, I came up with the (possibly dangerous) idea to have my own personal National Novel Translating Month. Hopefully the process of translating will give me good practice in my kanji reading and general comprehension, and I might even get somewhere on the word count.

After some deliberation, I chose the novel “Bokura no Yuuki: Miman Toshi” or, “Our Courage: The City of Insufficiency.” It’s based on a TV show from 1997, and while normally I turn my nose up at novelizations, it makes the writing simple enough for my level, and since I like the original my interest will be kept which is crucial during translating for my butterfly mind.

So I’ll hope you’ll bear with the upcoming novel posts.

No comments: