Tuesday, November 30, 2010

State of the Novel address

So translating the novel was, as some of you know, my project for National Novel Writing Month, the challenge of which is to write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November but which I reinterpreted as a translation, rather.

Reader, I reached 50,219 on November 29th.

I feel quite accomplished about that. But don’t worry, I’m not going to stop translating just because the primary goal has been achieved. We’re halfway to the end! Will they ever make it out of Makuhara?

I have been posting every day to keep up with the NaNoWriMo pace of a frenetic 1667 words per day. Now, however, I plan on doing a larger chunk just once a week, probably on Saturday or Sunday. So New Readers, I hope you will keep an eye out for that. And Old Readers, who fled at the deluge of novel posts, come back! I miss you! I’ll be posting regular posts on the other days of the week.

 

To catch up recent news: taking the Japanese Language Proficiency Test this Sunday. This show will be filming at my school, using thirty of my students as extras, which I think is pretty cool. I’ll be flying home in three weeks for Christmas!

2 comments:

brother newman said...

three weeks the snow is gone here, wi spring come, with its pussy willow blossoms that the bees so love, your father.

brother newman said...

If you get a chance view or read the shack by paul william young, It is my fa vorite these days. love dad